- 1 Our Top Choice: WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw
- 2 Why Should You Trust Us?
- 3 Top Small Circular Saw Brands
- 4 Buyer’s Guide: What to Look for While Buying Mini Circular Saw
- 5 1. WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw
- 6 2. Rockwell RK3440K Versacut 4.0 Amp Ultra-Compact Circular Saw
- 7 3. Makita SH02R1 Cordless Circular Saw
- 8 4. Genesis GCS545C 5.8 Amp 4-1/2 Inch Compact Circular Saw
- 9 5. Dremel US40-01 Compact Circular Saw
- 10 6. Rotorazor Compact Circular Saw
- 11 How to Use a Circular Saw-For Beginners
- 12 Conclusion
Looking for a lightweight, compact and safe power saw for your woodwork projects, there is no better choice than a handheld mini circular saw. This type of saw is the best for precise cuts. It can work even better in tight spaces and with lightweight materials. Moreover, when it comes to performance, their powerful motor can deliver as much work as standard circular saws. You can easily find any of the best mini circular saw in the current market, but you have to know how to make a good pick. Otherwise, it will not last long enough to achieve what you want.
Still, finding the best mini circular saw requires appropriate and informative guidelines, which we have managed to list down in this mini circular saw reviews. Using this information, you can learn how to use your small circular saw as well as pick the best one for your woodwork projects.
Our Top Choice: WORX WORXSAW 4-1/2″ Compact Circular Saw
This mini circular saw made it to our top favorite and reliable list, as it never lets anyone down when it comes to making quick varied clean and precise cuts, with zero to minimal tear.
Moreover, you can safely use it with one hand, due to the strategic placement of its power switch and safety. Its steady grip also allows for a comfortable hold with total balance and control.
Why Should You Trust Us?
There are many brands and models of a small circular saw, but to get the best one for the job can be hard in a sea of brands, all marketed as top-quality. For that reason, we have come up with a short list of some of the best mini circular saw in the current market.
Moreover, our top six picks come from the top-reputable power saw brands in today’s market, like Makita, WORX, Dremel, and Rockwell. Therefore, you are in a good position of buying the best mini circular saw no matter the brand choice here.
Our list is reputable, making it easier for you to narrow your choice to a few essential things like need, motor power, and budget. Hence, do not hesitate to trust everything that this mini circular saw review has to say when it comes to varied types of the mini circular saw.
Top Small Circular Saw Brands
WORX power tools like the mini circular saw are built to last and deliver top-quality work. Moreover, its power saws are built on a platform of power, innovation and greater performance.
The technology engineered in them makes work easier and fast for you. It is definitely one of a kind power saw brand, which makes addictive power tools, leaving you in want of more woodwork projects and DIY works.
Moreover, this brand has varied models, you can choose from when it comes to a small circular saw.
Dremel has some varied types of saws, like the mini circular saw, which can cut through most materials. Moreover, their power saw is highly portable, efficient and can work on wood, tiles, drywall, plastic and even metal materials.
In addition, you can find most of its saws and blades in many power tool stores. Making it a highly convenient brand to buy your small circular saw, as you will easily find most of its replaceable parts like the blade anywhere.
Makita has a wide range of power tools designed for efficient delivery of work as expected. Moreover, its power saws like the mini circular saw are very reliable, portable, and user-friendly. They are also very powerful, made to last with 100-years’ worth of innovative manufacturing experience.
In relation, its modern innovations meet the demands and needs of most professionals today. This brand has earned the trust of most professional woodworkers as well as homeowners who love nothing but DIY projects.
Quitting is not an option with Rockwell power tools, especially their highly portable rugged and powerful mini circular saw.
Moreover, its power tools are designed to withstand tough jobs in any given locality. What you expect when it comes to utmost performance is what you will be getting from this reputable power tool brand.
Additionally, its small circular saw offer optimum maneuverability and total control, when it comes to making precise clean cuts.
Buyer’s Guide: What to Look for While Buying Mini Circular Saw
Now that you have known some of the top brands to go with when looking for a top-quality mini circular saw. It is time you check for other factors like price and need, before opting for any of them.
As much as they are all quality and reliable, you still need to make the best pick for yourself and here are some tips you can follow through.
- Cordless or Corded– Cordless mini circular saw is the best but very pricey when compared to the corded ones. Moreover, the cordless types have more power and are highly durable than the corded ones, and you can use them anywhere with no power outlet. However, if you are always working near reliable power outlets, you can just get the less-expensive corded power saw.
- Brand– When it comes to power tools and especially a mini circular saw it is better to stick to reputable and reliable brands like Makita, Rockwell, and There is no room for trial and error here, as you can only have the best once, no matter the money-back guarantee used to lure you to other unrecognizable brands
- Weight– The best mini circular saw is supposed to be highly portable and very lightweight. This is to allow for easy control and maneuvering during woodwork projects. Moreover, light compact saws make it easier to use in tight spaces. Likewise, you can operate it for long hours without suffering from hand fatigue.
- Ergonomics– It is advisable to test the grip of the power saw before buying. You can go to any store and fit it in your hands, to get the feel of how it will work. A better grip minimizes accidents making work easier and efficient.
- Motor Strength– You can only rate a mini circular saw by its performance level, determined by its motor power. More motor power equals better and higher performance level. Therefore, you are only obligated to choose a small circular saw with a powerful motor, for versatility, fast and precise woodworks.
- Blades– This depends on the kind of work you will be doing, as concrete, tile and metal cuts need a different kind of blade, not the same one used on woodcuts. In relation, cleaner cuts often require a saw blade with more teeth.
- Depth of Cut– Depth determines the type of jobs you can tackle with the circular mini saw. Nonetheless, a saw that can cut into a 1-inch depth is better, anything lower will limit the number of jobs you can do with your power tool.
- Safety– As much as they are small and compact, these types of saws can still be dangerous if handled carelessly. Therefore, check out for some of its top safety features and their placement locations, for a quick command.
After all, their carbide and diamond blade tips tend to spin very fast, at around a thousand rotations in just one minute or less. Safety is a priority, no matter the level of control and balance you have on it.
- Warranty and Guarantee– Always ensure that you get a power tool with a reliable and useful warranty, the longer the better. Likewise, you should check out its return policy, in case it malfunctions even before you start on your woodwork project.
This is the best mini circular saw in the current market and our top pick. Probably due to its versatility when it comes to handling different woodwork projects as well as its nicely integrated safety trigger on its grip handle.
Moreover, it features an easy-to-set depth gauge lever, making it easier to make quick adjustments as you work. In relation, you can easily set its bevel in between 0-45°, for ease when it comes to varied cuts.
In addition, it is highly convenient when it comes to handling and use, as it weighs less than 5lbs. You just need to familiarize yourself with everything and it will work as expected.
It has a 3-year manufacturer warranty and comes with a 24T carbide-tipped blade, a vacuum adapter, Parallel guide, an Allen key as well as the 4-1/2 inch WORXSAW.
- It is a one-hand operation power tool
- Straight-forward and easy to use
- Has a vacuum port
- Can bog down after completion of long cuts
- Compared to bigger circular saw, it lacks power but still functions very well
Why Do We Recommend This Mini Circular Saw?
- Ease of Use– This mini circular saw is compact and portable enough for easy maneuverability and control. This makes it very easy to use, especially for people with smaller hands and those who tend to move a lot while working. Likewise, it will not cause any hand-fatigue, even after long hours of work.
- Functionality– Its cutting depth is highly exceptional, making it easier for you to make a clean cut of a 2-inch lumbar stock. Likewise, it is highly versatile and can complete many woodwork tasks.
- Accuracy– When it comes to accuracy, its thin blades ensure that it exerts zero to less strain on the tool. This makes for speedy and fine clean cuts. In relation, its left-sided blade makes it easy to view the cut line, for an accurate cut.
This mini circular saw is highly versatile and can cut through different materials with the same kind of precision all the time. It can easily cut through tiles, wood, plastic, flooring, metal and other listed materials in its user guide.
Moreover, it is very safe and has a pivoting metal guard for safe and easy plunges. You will never have to worry about dust distracting you from work, as its dust extraction adapter will always keep the cut line dust-free, for easier visibility during work.
Additionally, its ergonomic slim grip design, allows you to handle it with one hand. Besides, you can exercise total control and proper grip without any problems, as the hold is very soft and comfortable all the way through.
This mini circular saw also features a lock-off switch for preventing accidental starts. In addition, it has a durable full metal inner as well as an outer guard for extended product life.
It is a corded electric mini circular saw with a 120-inch power cord.
- Comes with a carry case, for ease in portability
- Has a 2-year LIMITED warranty
- Comfortable slim handle grip
- Easy control with one hand
- It cannot make bevel cuts
- Does not cut angles
Why Do We Recommend This Mini Circular Saw?
- Ease of Use– This saw has a convenient depth adjustment lever for easy movement of the indicator to the required depth, before safely locking in the circular saw blade.
- Functionality– Its undeniable 4.0 Amp motor power is what makes this small circular saw highly multifunctional, cutting through varied types of materials from wood to metal without damages or tear.
- Accuracy– You can make precise, accurate cuts with the aid of its built-in laser guide. The feature will help you with proper alignment of your cuts. Its compact size and power also enhance its accuracy level in tight areas.
This power saw is very powerful and can work through tight spaces without any issue. It has a built-in motor with a 1,500 RPM for fast and clean cuts. Moreover, it can easily cut through plywood, Pegboard, melamine, MDT, drywall, and particleboard among other lighter materials.
This mini circular saw comes with its own slide-style batteries, two 12V max CXT Lithium-ion. You can never use any type of batteries with it, only Makita genuine batteries and even charger.
The batteries have a convenient onboard LED charge level indicator. Besides, the batteries have a protection circuit that keeps it from over-heating, over-discharging, and overloading.
In addition, the blade wrench and saw are attached for a quick, convenient blade changing.
You can simply carry this mini circular saw to any job site with no convenient electrical outlet. The batteries just need to be fully charged and ready to work.
Besides, its repair and replaceable parts are very easy to find, as it is a widely known brand.
- Powerful enough for fast and efficient cuts
- Lightweight at 3.5lbs with battery
- 3-year warranty on the tool, battery, and charger
- Comes with a tool case
- Limited to working on light materials only
- Can only use Makita batteries, which is not convenient but enhances its lifespan
Why Do We Recommend This Mini Circular Saw?
- Ease of Use– This is one of the most user-friendly saw with an ergonomic design for easier handling and use. Its grip handles have soft rubber for enhanced comfort, durability and control during cuts. Besides, it is lightweight and easy to handle.
- Functionality– It has a 1-inch capacity that can cut through varied types of lightweight materials. Moreover, it has a 3-3/8 inch blade and an adjustable cutting depth from 1 inch at 90° and 5/8-inches at 45°. Likewise, you can tilt its base from 0-45°, for bevel cuts.
- Accuracy– This is easily achievable with its efficient blade and the help of its built-in dust blower that keeps the cut line freed of any debris, for precision and total accuracy during
This is one of the best mini circular saw, as it can cut through composites, soft and hardwoods without any technical issue or malfunction. Moreover, its 4-1/2 inch blade can cut through 2X material in just one pass, so no need to invest in larger blades for your small projects.
In addition, its lightweight and compact features make it very easy to control and maneuver, through different cuts in different places. Likewise, it is highly versatile and can cover subfloors and dry walls as well as cut through aluminum and copper.
As for dust collection, you can just connect its vacuum adapter with your workshop vacuum, to keep the whole workstation and shop free from any debris.
This mini circular saw features an adjustable depth and bevel control systems, for variety when it comes to making different cuts.
It is very affordable and comes with a Rip guide, a vacuum adapter, as well as a blade wrench and a 24T carbide tipped blade.
- Highly durable with a strong material construction
- Can conveniently fit into tight areas
- Has a cast aluminum gearbox
- Not ideal for plunge cuts
- At times it gets caught and kickbacks during cuts
Why Do We Recommend This Mini Circular Saw?
- Ease of Use– Its ergonomic grip handle makes it easier to handle and control during cuts, with one hand. The comfortable handle grip makes it easier for you to make awkward cuts without moving so much.
- Functionality– Comes with a 5.8 Amp motor that spins at 3,500 RPM with a triple gear reduction, only to produce a solid torque. It also features an upper blade guard for safety measures during operation.
- Accuracy– This mini circular saw has an excellent cutline visibility that ensures you make the cuts as accurate as they were marked. Moreover, it features a Rip guide for accurate long cuts.
Its dust port and vacuum adapter will also help by keeping the whole work area clean for accuracy in all jobs.
This mini circular saw is the best fit for right-handed and left-handed people, due to the location of its grip handle, which is attached vertically at its center.
Moreover, its 3-in-1 functionality allows it to cut through metals, flush cut in wooden materials, and surface prepare or grind on different materials. It can also remove paint, and rust.
Additionally, its versatility is not limited to wood and metal, as it can work on masonry materials, steel, plastic, concrete and tiles among others. Likewise, it has a durable metal guard and shoe, for increased versatility.
This kit includes a Dremel ultra-saw US40 tool, one auxiliary handle attachment, 4 accessories which include a 4-inch wood cutting carbide wheel, a 4-inch wood flush carbide cutting wheel, a 3.5-inch metal cutting wheel, and a 4-inch diamond surface preparation wheel.
It also comes with a wrench and a convenient storage bag plus a 5-year LIMITED warranty.
- Easy cuts on vertical surfaces
- Features a cast alloy shoe for heavy-duty jobs
- Compact but very powerful
- Admirable top-quality engineering
- Uses only Dremel blades, but they are easy to find
- Its blades are abrasive-based, meaning they tend to wear out more often
Why Do We Recommend This Mini Circular Saw?
- Ease of Use– This model of Dremel has an auxiliary handle attachment, which you can apply some pressure on for better control with two hands. Moreover, you can work horizontally or vertically with ease using its two-wheel positions, one with a guard and the other without a guard.
- Functionality– This small mini circular saw has a very reliable 7.5 Amp motor for tough, fast and efficient cuts. Moreover, it also has a guard, a metal foot as well as a drive train that works in conjunction with the motor for operation of even more difficult tasks.
- Accuracy– In terms of accurate clean cuts, its adjustable depth control and clean line of sight allows you to see your cuts for better precision and control during operation.
You can rely on this mini circular saw to make different and varied types of cuts on different materials. It can cut vertically, horizontally, straight, upside down, curved and corner lines, efficiently on a PVC, hardwood, ceramic tile, marble, drywall, plastic, metal, steel, and carpets.
Besides, this circular saw kit comes with multiple saw blades that are, diamond, tungsten carbide, and steel. All for making different cuts on different materials.
Moreover, it is a combination of seven different saws, all in one from a jigsaw, a handsaw, circular saw, band saw, hacksaw, tile saw, and a miter saw.
It is the perfect saw for most DIY projects like installing wooden and tiled floors, making fences, birdhouses, signs, and dollhouses as well as repairing drywall and grout.
In addition, its small blades make it easier for you to make gently curved cuts on different lightweight materials without any tear.
As much as it is the priciest in this list of mini circular saw reviews. It comes with many useful accessories including a Rotorazor saw, a high-speed steel cutting blade, a tungsten carbide cutting blade, a diamond-cutting blade, a dust extraction hose, an Allen key and one parallel fence-parallel guide rail.
- Lightweight making it easy to use
- Reliable vacuum dust extraction system
- Has a durable hard carry case
- Multi-cutting capacity
- Not ideal for cutting thick materials, it will kickback
- Has a poor cutting visibility/sight line, due to the large skid plate and the center placement of its blade
Why Do We Recommend This Mini Circular Saw?
- Ease of Use– This small circular saw has a blade guard for easy efficient cuts. The guard can protect you from the fast spinning blade when you have not pressed it against a cutting surface.
- Functionality– Its 400-Watt powerful motor can cut through ½-inch of material in just a single pass. Moreover, you can easily adjust the thickness of its depth up to 5 inches for better performance, from a medium, shallow or a deep cut, depending on the material you are working on.
- Accuracy– You can rely on its saw guide for precision, as it allows you to see exactly where you are cutting, no matter the shape or material in question.
How to Use a Circular Saw-For Beginners
Circular saws have become more compact, lightweight and even powerful. Moreover, smaller and lighter ones like mini circular saw have user-friendly designs and features that can work for professional woodworkers and DIY freaks.
However, as much as they are easier to handle, you still need some guidance in order to ensure that you have the perfect grip for easier and efficient cuts.
Moreover, you still need to be well dressed for the job and that includes gloves, tight-fitting clothes, sunglasses and protective ear-wear among other safety gears required. Likewise, you should tighten any loose hair, and remove all jewelry for safety measures.
In relation different circular saws come in different types and models, so before you embark on your woodworking project. Make sure that you are familiar with your own specific model.
It does not matter if you have handled a circular saw before just go through the guides in the user manual before you start to use it. This is because they are prone to upgrades every now and then, so stay updated too.
Here is a simple guide for beginners on how to use just any type or model of circular saw.
- First, you should adjust your particular kind of blade, about ¼ inch below the material you are about to cut. This minimizes the level of the blade that will be left hanging out
- Double check on the blade guard to ensure that it is functional and in its proper place
- After which, you can clamp a straight board or a metal straight edge to your sheet of material.
- You can then align the straight edge, at the right distance exactly from the actual cutting line
- Keep your circular saw tight to the straight edge and test it by making a cut
- You can nick the plywood a bit when you are about to start making out your cuts. This ensures that the saw blade touches just outside the cutting mark.
- As you are progressing with your cuts, you can adjust and even reclamp things. Be careful here, so that you do not flex the material you are cutting
- When you are beginning your cuts, you can press the front part of the shoe against the straight edge but at the end of your cuts keep the back part of the shoe very tight until you are completely done with your cut.
You should note that crosscuts with a circular saw go through the grain, and require you to use a square cut jig for a nice straight and clean cut, while Rip cuts go with the grain.
Nonetheless, check what your specific model of circular saw has to say on effective use and maintenance.
There you have it, the reasons and value of owning this simple but practically powerful mini circular saw. You can also read more mini circular saw reviews on the above brands and models, just to familiarize yourself more with their use and effectiveness.
So if you were planning to buy a small circular saw, opt for any of the above. Each of them represents the best mini circular saw for their specific brands.
Conclusively, do not hesitate to share this mini circular saw reviews with family and friends. You never know whom you are helping in making the right purchase.