- 1 Here is our List of Top Masterbuilt Electric Smokers
- 2 What to Know Before Buying Masterbuilt Electric Smokers?
- 3 How to Select an Electric Smoker?
- 4 Final Verdict
An electric smoker is a must have for any homeowner who enjoys quality home cooked food. There is no doubt that grilling and smoking meat makes it more flavorful and delicious. Some smoking enthusiasts believe that a grill should come with a built-in smoker too. However, the real standalone smoking equipment is usually much more useful than its hybrid counterpart.
Smoking equipment that runs on gas or wood create pollution and make the entire cooking process very lengthy. Electric smokers, on the other hand, use only a handful of wood pellets to provide you with the same old flavor without causing harm to the environment. They also keep your fuel costs low. Even if you have to smoke food multiple times a week, you won’t be cursing anyone with all your might.
Masterbuilt has an enduring legacy for creating the finest electric smokers with old school designs, big exteriors and sturdy bodies that could dodge a bullet. The simplicity of the product is a benchmark of its design innovation. Their products are cheaper, reliable, and highly durable.
Here is our List of Top Masterbuilt Electric Smokers
If you are looking for a product that brings you the best of electric smoking without breaking the bank, this Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Top Controller should be your choice. Selling at $177 on Amazon, the product comes with a black powder-coated steel body. It has four racks for smoking meat because of which you can easily cook a meal for a small family, or a little get together.
The wood loading tray comes on the side, and you get push button digital thermostatically controlled temperature unit as well. The thermostat helps you in controlling temperatures precisely. The equipment is perfect for smoking chicken, turkey, and ham. It is especially good for cooking. The grill is also of excellent quality. Just set it and forget it. The cleanup is also exceedingly easy because of which you don’t have to spend hours brushing the grease off the grill. Overall, it is a perfect smoker for small families.
- 30-inch frame fits in well in most family kitchens and apartment kitchens
- The thermostat helps in controlling heat distribution very precisely. As long as the wood tray is filled, and the contents placed rightly, you don’t have to worry about wrong temperature settings with this product.
- The product comes with good insulation that helps in keeping your meats cooking easily, even if it is freezing cold or unusually hot outside.
- Can easily handle up to 30 lbs. of meat easily at a time. If you are using all four racks, you can feed a small family with ease.
- The amount of woods needed in the product is relatively small because you which you save on fuel and cut pollution and costs.
- Great for everyday smoking in small batches.
- Fantastic customer support team makes problems vanish and stands by their product, no matter what.
- Has only four racks which could be a problem if you want to cooker larger amounts of meat.
- If you are using big roasts, you may only be able to utilize two racks. This is especially true for ribs, shoulders, and chicken.
- The product lacks an external smoke box because of which you can’t cold smoke salmon, sausages, cheese and other products.
- The heating element could come with a higher wattage so that the maximum temperature could be increased. This will help in crisping the skins even more, especially with game and chickens.
This Masterbuilt 20071117 30″ Digital Electric Smoker is perfect for small families and people who want quality smoked food without going broke. The product is usually available under $200 and provides an authentic quality of smoke which helps in cooking your food perfectly. It comes with digital panel controls for temperature and time along with four chrome-coated smoking racks.
The air damper can also be adjusted for better smoke control. The side wood chip loading system patented by the company helps you in adding wood chips without opening the door of the smoker and spoiling the meat. The heating element provides even cooking and consistent smoke in the fully-insulated body. This is an add-on for all those who love to eat smoked food throughout the year. This electric smoker takes the hard work away from cooking but gives you very reliable results each time.
- The product is very easy to use. The learning curve is very short which allows you to master smoked meat cooking quickly.
- A wider range of cooking temperatures as compared to its counterparts, which can be adjusted between 100 to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Comes with a cold smoking attachment that fits easily on to your products and lets you smoke fish, cheese, or sausages on the side.
- It is built like a mini tank and will likely remain your faithful for years to come.
- Dual-wall insulation provides all-weather cooking ease and keeps the meats well done.
- A cheap offering for all the benefits it offers. Other smokers that come with similar smoking functionalities cost hundreds of dollars or more and need extra investment for wood pellets.
- Very good for cooking larger cuts.
- Provides easy cleanup
- Reliable and friendly customer service.
- The product is old-school and bulky.
- The water pan and wood chip tray are slightly smaller for a smoker of this size.
One of the most popular models by the company, the Masterbuilt 20078715 Electric Digital Smoker Front Controller, 30-Inch, Black provides you with everything you can ask for in a smoker. Selling at a low price of $240, it provides you a reliable, sturdy and American Made cooking equipment that will definitely be a hero at all your social gatherings or a humble Sunday brunch.
The product comes with a spacious 721 sq. ft. cooking area with four adjustable, chrome-coated cooking racks. The racks can be used to repeatedly cook at high heat without wearing off or even needing a wash in between refills. You can cook different types of meat in the equipment, starting from burger patties to whole chickens and turkeys. It has a digital control panel as well with a LED display that helps in controlling temperatures more accurately. The bright blue display can be read perfectly, even on sunny days. The temperature range is also wider, moving from 100 to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
The smoker comes with a side wood chip loader because of which you can easily add wooden pellets without opening the hot main chamber of the equipment. The drip pan catches any grease falling from the meats with ease and can easily be removed from the front. This feature makes cleaneup very easy. It is made of strong and heavy material because of which it remains useful for longer and doesn’t get damaged with repeated usage.
- Assembling, using, and managing this smoker is very easy. It can even be used by novice homeowners with ease. The controls and setup are very easy and getting the perfect taste is even easier.
- It comes with an 800-watt heating coil that helps in keeping the internal temperatures steady.
- Provides precise temperature controls.
- Come with a larger cooking area, can cook for ten people at once.
- The equipment isn’t portable. At a hefty 50 pounds, it is difficult to carry around the house, especially because it doesn’t have wheels.
- The equipment doesn’t come with a meat probe which could help in checking the progress of your food.
What to Know Before Buying Masterbuilt Electric Smokers?
Masterbuilt’s products are known for their high quality as well as reliability. Let’s learn a few things you need to know before buying any of these machines.
If you are looking for an electric smoker that provides you the best smoking results at a reasonable price, then Masterbuilt is a good option for you. It will provide you great results at a fraction of the cost of most high-end machines. The base units in most models cost anywhere between $100 to $400. If you are looking for a decent product, the price could average around $200. Of course, you can easily find cheaper products made in China. However, American Made products offer better quality, better servicing, and more durability. Spending an extra $50 to $100 will benefit you in the long run.
#2 Value for money
When it comes to durability, these products definitely take the cake. They come with a long life, because of which the overall unit cost remains relatively low for the users. A cheap China made product that won’t last this summer wouldn’t be worth its cost. However, a good and durable product like this could be in your house for the next five to ten years which is a big plus point that you must consider. Though smoked food isn’t cooked daily in most households, the machine could still be a good workhorse. Even if you are making smoked food every week, the machine could be a good add-on to your home’s appliances.
With good maintenance, even the worst appliances will be able to last beyond their average life cycle. However, the problem with a machine like an electric smoker is the painstaking clean up. Most Masterbuilt models don’t come with a drip tray at the bottom which could mean significant food droppings and difficult cleanups later. There is an easy way out of this sticky situation. Simply cook your cook in disposable aluminum pans. If you don’t prefer this method, then at least keep one at the bottom of the smoker to minimize drippings and saving time.
Cleaning this equipment isn’t rocket science. All you have to do is follow a few simple steps, and your smoker will start shining like new. Clean the exterior as well as the interior with a clean, soft, and damp cloth. You do not need to use any cleaning agents. Let the equipment air dry before use. Make sure you clean the seams for better insulation. The wood pellet holder/loader should frequently be checked for dust and buildup. Use a mild dish soap to wash the racks and other components.
How to Select an Electric Smoker?
Selecting an electric smoker shouldn’t be difficult for people who are aware of this machine’s functioning. For a first-time buyer, who has never cooked smoked food before, it could be difficult to find a product that is easy to use and shortens the learning curve as well. Here are a few guidelines that you could use to find the best electric smoker for your home.
#1 Availability of space
This is the most important decisive factor when choosing a product. Consider your cooking space or rack space and then find a model that fits in accurately. Rack space means the place where your smoker will be kept. If you don’t have sufficient space to adjust a large machine, opt for the more compact models. Cooking space means the area available in the smoker to cook meat. Depending on the size of your family, you can choose a smoker with either 4 or 6 racks. This is a good way to refine your search and find an option that really meets your requirements.
There are several advanced machines which are extremely difficult to operate. They could also create more mess, need more maintenance, and come with complex smoke generation settings that an average user may not be aware of. Therefore, it is vital to understand your own skill set and choose a product that will help you get the best-smoked meat with the lowest mess possible. A smoker that comes with basic functionality and high-quality build is usually all you need. The ones that come with Bluetooth and remote controls may be the fancy of a few users.
If you keep looking around, you will find several different smokers offering a plethora of features and options. Depending on what your preferences are, find a product that could provide you the best functionality at the best price. It is important to note the price-quality relationship of the product. Don’t pay a high price for a product that will demand excessive maintenance and likely an upgrade within the next two years. You would want something that lasts longer and provides better value for your money.
Depending on all these factors, we find it vital to suggest that Masterbuilt brings you the best of all the smoker features at a very reasonable price. Because of the good build quality, these electric smokers are perfect for everyday use and can be used for years at an end. The price at which these products are available is also quite affordable. This helps you in getting the best of no-pollution smoked meat with the least mess possible. If you are thinking about buying something truly American, then buy American made Masterbuilt.